Wednesday, January 17, 2007

You can only do so many same thumbnails before it kills you.

Lets start with the initial thumbnail drawing.

Top left corner. I still like it. Strong 'vine' shape and the sense of the height and scale. It's hard to capture that in the refined drawings.

Next. scribbles.

Went with a flow here. lots of things I didn't like. First of all, The main structure seems much frail and tiny. the alien plantation (aka 'vine') doesnt work in many ways. boring design, doesnt look like it can hold much weight. thats probably why the structure looks light. The building on the right (aka convenience store) haha. yah I dont want a store there. I had no idea what to do behind the pyramid(main) structure.
More scibbles.

Played with markers for the first time. Vines look weak, the building on the far right doesnt fit into the overall design.

Did this one right after. I really like how the middle triangular thing on the ground looks big. The tall building on the far left looks pretty good too. The main structure needs to be in the right perspective and I have to do something about the right building. Right now the angle is too similar to the main building and I dont like how its blocking the bridge. Too big, competes with the focus etc.. Also The shape of the vines changed too much. Lorenzo and Mai said it looks like spiderweb when I wanted to be more like roots. Need to be more vertical, straight and less curvy.. etc.

Vine Shape Study. Yes.. This seems about right.

Last thumbnails I did. Playing with people scale, background to reveal more space..
Second one I put the fallen triangle 'thing' as the focus. I kinda like it. Perhaps I will clear out some of the buildings on the side to open things up and add more plantation. perhaps change in landscape..

Good thing tim extended the due date because I want to explore more.



Suggestions and Comments keep me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment